FACEBOOK SCAMMERS AND SCAMS ARE DOING THE ROUNDS AGAIN!!!
THE FACEBOOK SCAMMERS ARE DOING THE ROUNDS AGAIN, SO BE A LITTLE CAUTIOUS.
HERE IS A LIST OF THE COMMON ONES:
1. Find Out Who Has Been Looking at your Profile: this scam claims that it will show you who has been viewing your profile and who has blocked you from theirs, but none of these apps work because Facebook doesn’t provide such information to developers.
2. Free Items and Gift Cards: don’t expect to get anything for free just by completing a survey.
3. New Facebook Features: some apps promise to change your Facebook colour or to provide you with a dislike button, but make sure you install them only from trusted and well-known developers.
4. Free I Pads & iPhones: messages stating that you can win a free I Pad or iPhone are usually just a thought-out marketing trick.
5. Free Facebook Credits: basically you shouldn’t trust anything that offers something for free. When it sounds too good to be true, you can be pretty sure it’s a scam, just like free credits for Facebook games like Farmville, Cityville etc.
6. Breaking News: scammers know that most users will click on a link promising exclusive coverage, so stay alert and if you are not sure, check with online media websites for the story first.
7. Help, I Need Your Help And Money: if you get a message from a friend saying he has been robbed somewhere abroad and he is left with no phone, passport or money and then asks you for help, beware – his Facebook account has probably been hijacked by scammers. You can verify this also by asking your mutual friends if they received an identical message.
8.Shocking Headlines and Fake Celebrity Stories: scammers also often use sensational news or false stories with a headline including words like “shocking” because Facebook users tend to share them without verifying the news.
9. False Privacy Settings: scammers mainly want to get your login details, so make sure to verify messages claiming to be from Facebook security.